The Official Athletics Thread

Yeah, thought she looked good. Fingers crossed lads. I don't suppose there's any argument for dropping back to 200, no?

Floriel said the plan was for her to run the 200m at Euro Champs,

But i couldn't get over this photo from yesterday

She must be a good 6" taller than the others. Julian Alfred is world 60m champ and Dina is a world medalist at the 200m

Usain Bolt was such an outlier because he was 6'5" and could turn his legs over like a fella who was 5'6". I'm far from a sprint expert but her front side mechanics look different to the others. they all look tall even though they are tiny next to her and their knees come much further up so the thigh is parallel. i don't think Adeleke will ever run like that because she is so tall. i also don't know exactly how important this is but just the fact that she seems like she is made of different stuff to the others it'll be the 400m i would say

So, World Athletics is going to pay €50,000 to each gold medal winner in the athletics events at the Olympics. That’s a big change - and they’re extending the cash to silver and bronze in LA.

I’d say Paul O’Donovan is thrilled at the news…

So, World Athletics is going to pay €50,000 to each gold medal winner in the athletics events at the Olympics. That’s a big change - and they’re extending the cash to silver and bronze in LA.

I’d say Paul O’Donovan is thrilled at the news…
Plenty of hang wringing from the traditionalists on the beeb i think its great

Aussie champs this weekend.

I think there will be a youtube stream (there was last year anyway)

the 1500m looks like it'll have implications for the Olympics

You have 4 into 3 spots.

Stewy is in good form probably the favourite. Beat whiteman at Maurie plant. is a 3:29 front runner in shape.

Oli Hoare was probably the 2nd best miler in 2022, missed about 18 months with Oestitis Pubis, this is his first race back. Is not in 3:29 shape according to his coach.

Adam Spencer. 2nd at NCAA indoor in 3:31

Cam Myers 17 years old with a 3:33 pb. if he stays on track he's the next Jakob. Should have beaten Stewy Maurie plant but got clipped.

Also Boston is on Monday. Evans Chebet trying to run his way into Olympic selection (as well as win Boston) looks like a good weather year

Last edited:
Some significant injuries over the weekend

Yulimar Rojas, TJ world and olympic champ popped her achillies, will miss Paris.

Alicia Monson US 5000m and 10,000m Record holder anf 4th at world tore her MCL will also miss the Olympics.

Barry Keane was a creditabld 10th in 13:59 at the boston road runners 5k..

Down in Oz the big news was Stewy got tonked in the 1500m and scratced the 5000m. Could still be selected if he runs well in DL, an impressive Adam Spencer from Olli Hoare probably have selection nailed.

Matt Ramsden beat Morgan McDonald on the line in the 5000m

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
NewEra
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

3rd May 2024 @ 11:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼