Whats the story with R+H Hall??

Erra its all well and good getting all misty eyed about the 'landmark building' but the engineers said its not feasible to repurpose the building.

That O'Connor fella goes around giving out about disused building (doesnt even check out their planning status) and then he whinges some more when they are doing something with a place

O'Callaghan Property isnt operating a charity and they are looking for the maximum return on what they paid for the site. A new build is the way to do that. Bye bye to the ugly disused silo/warehouse.

I hope they dont make a balls of the Odlums project as it is imo a building of architectural significance.

No one could ever accuse OCP of that ! As cold and calculating an operation as we've had the misfortune to have set upon us in Cork. Until BAM of course.

Erra its all well and good getting all misty eyed about the 'landmark building' but the engineers said its not feasible to repurpose the building.

That O'Connor fella goes around giving out about disused building (doesnt even check out their planning status) and then he whinges some more when they are doing something with a place

O'Callaghan Property isnt operating a charity and they are looking for the maximum return on what they paid for the site. A new build is the way to do that. Bye bye to the ugly disused silo/warehouse.

I hope they dont make a balls of the Odlums project as it is imo a building of architectural significance.
Spot on. Let’s look to the example of Dublin, I don’t think anyone could seriously say that the docklands there don’t look far better than they did 30 years ago.

I can’t get my head around that O’Connor lad. In one breath he rightly complains about dereliction but in the next he cribs about the wrong type of developments. There’s no pleasing some people.

Spot on. Let’s look to the example of Dublin, I don’t think anyone could seriously say that the docklands there don’t look far better than they did 30 years ago.

I can’t get my head around that O’Connor lad. In one breath he rightly complains about dereliction but in the next he cribs about the wrong type of developments. There’s no pleasing some people.
Some people just hate change, You see photos of streets from 50 years ago and today and you have people commenting how much better things
looked all those years ago, More often or not you are looking at tired, jaded looking buildings,

Loft thread with MOE and jimmy 👉

Hes well intentioned but he regularly takes pictures of places that have planning granted.

I mean theyve a planning notice on the door.

Moaning for the sake of moaning.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Dr Herringbone Dread

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼