Cyclists

Eh no. I don't feel oppressed by modes of transportation.

Do you want a footpath built along the South Ring so you don't feel left out?
No, I was merely using that as an illustration of how hyperbolic this comment is:
In the title alone, Catherine inadvertently references the quasi fascist mindset of many 'Green' types - namely that motorists are somehow less than human, a type of untermenschen. Are motorists not citizens also? Or is that label only reserved for those whose circumstances allow them to travel solely by public transport, foot, or bike?

How exciting.

I'm assuming the IDR is a road in Reading as opposed to the Indonesian Rupiah currency.

I haven't been in Reading since the festival in 1995 and I didn't take any notes on road distribution.

Any pie charts?
Here she is in all her glory, enclosing the centre of town on 3 sides.

Inner_Distribution_Road.jpg

Beautiful part of town, exactly what you need cutting through an urban area.

Traffic solved.
Except, obviously, at peak hours where it's at a standstill.

Was my comment hyperbolic? Certainly. But just look at that article again and tell me that's not hyperbole - and I've seen many, many with the same tone. Motorists vs 'citizens', "towns are for people, not cars" (as if cars weren't driven by people). All with the same import - motorists are "less" than others and have no legitimate business being in a town/city. We all have to share the roads and cities - why can't we all just do our best? Why do (particularly) some cyclists hate drivers so much yet at the same time demand everything be laid on for them and then refuse to use the infrastructure, or even obey the rules of the road?

To use a phrase, "be kind!".
Mostly it's the attempted murder by reckless morons.

You ever had a punishment pass, or been knocked off your bike by someone simply not paying basic attention?

It's not fun.

Anyway, point is, building infrastructure and neighbourhoods around bikes and pedestrians make them much, much more pleasant places to live, rather than the default in Ireland since the 60s, which is more sprawling car centred suburbs

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 1:45pm

More events ▼