Cyclists

It's not though, it'd be the inverse of induced demand.

Yes. I'm sure there would be far less traffic in the centre of Barcelona, if you took away the six lane dual carriageway bypassing the centre, that links to the harbour and the airport.
Shur it's only a few thousand container trucks and tourist buses a day anyway.
Theres plenty of pedestrianised streets they can take back.

Yes. I'm sure there would be far less traffic in the centre of Barcelona, if you took away the six lane dual carriageway bypassing the centre, that links to the harbour and the airport.
Why do you even bother.

Does it cut through a town centre?
If not, we're talking about 2 very different things.
If so, I would suggest it shouldn't.

It cuts through a city.

Do you have different economic theories depending on the type of road?

What a time to be alive.
Just that very large arterial roads shouldn't go through the centre of cities.

Albeit that contradicts what you said previously, that it bypasses the city centre (and thus isn't at all similar to the situation in Reading) so honestly at this stage I don't know what's the story with it and really, really couldn't be arsed to find out.

The only equivalent I can think of in Cork to a monstrosity like that is the South Link, albeit between the dump, the stadiums and all of the sports facilities that flank it, it's probably not that bad.

Last edited:
It cuts through a city.

Do you have different economic theories depending on the type of road?

What a time to be alive.

Spoofing again you are @hemlock666

Quotation-Abraham-Lincoln-Better-to-remain-silent-and-be-thought-a-fool-than-17-60-74.jpg

I was commenting on the legality of it, not that one should do it or that it's safe.
As explained yesterday it's not legal.
But ignore it.
Remember you can be arrested for your own safety as well! Walking the South Ring/South Link would 100% lead you to be arrested for your own safety.

Mostly it's the attempted murder by reckless morons.

You ever had a punishment pass, or been knocked off your bike by someone simply not paying basic attention?

It's not fun.

Anyway, point is, building infrastructure and neighbourhoods around bikes and pedestrians make them much, much more pleasant places to live, rather than the default in Ireland since the 60s, which is more sprawling car centred suburbs

Oh dear. You allege it's "attempted murder" by both people who indulge in the reckless and stupid punishment PASS (clue is in the name as to why it's not attempted murder) or by someone simply "not paying basic attention" - again the clue is in what you've written yourself.

Maybe if you stopped being such a drama queen for a moment you'd realise just how utterly stupid you are in accusing people of "attempted murder". :rolleyes:

Luckily we dodged this nightmare proposal:
Just that very large arterial roads shouldn't go through the centre of cities.

Albeit that contradicts what you said previously, that it bypasses the city centre (and thus isn't at all similar to the situation in Reading) so honestly at this stage I don't know what's the story with it and really, really couldn't be arsed to find out.

The only equivalent I can think of in Cork to a monstrosity like that is the South Link, albeit between the dump, the stadiums and all of the sports facilities that flank it, it's probably not that bad.

Luckily the Cork City Manager shot down this mad proposal.
1714128971043.png

Oh dear. You allege it's "attempted murder" by both people who indulge in the reckless and stupid punishment PASS (clue is in the name as to why it's not attempted murder) or by someone simply "not paying basic attention" - again the clue is in what you've written yourself.

Maybe if you stopped being such a drama queen for a moment you'd realise just how utterly stupid you are in accusing people of "attempted murder". :rolleyes:
Punishment passes go wrong. Close friend of mine had his elbow shattered (and broke a few other bones) being hit by a punishment passer.

It wasn't an accident, the guy intentionally drove too close to him.

If he had killed him (and he came close enough), I think it'd be reasonable to call that murder.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 1pm

More events ▼