Cyclists

Pedestrians in Cork dont give a dam about motorists ,cyclists scooters etc they will cross the road where they want to and you will have to stop.,
I think that's a healthy culture in Cork city centre.
It's a bit dangerous, would probably be better to pedestrianise more space and create deliberately mixed spaces, but at least roads in Cork are more of a mixed space than in many other cities

Eh no. I don't feel oppressed by modes of transportation.

Do you want a footpath built along the South Ring so you don't feel left out?
No, I was merely using that as an illustration of how hyperbolic this comment is:
In the title alone, Catherine inadvertently references the quasi fascist mindset of many 'Green' types - namely that motorists are somehow less than human, a type of untermenschen. Are motorists not citizens also? Or is that label only reserved for those whose circumstances allow them to travel solely by public transport, foot, or bike?

How exciting.

I'm assuming the IDR is a road in Reading as opposed to the Indonesian Rupiah currency.

I haven't been in Reading since the festival in 1995 and I didn't take any notes on road distribution.

Any pie charts?
Here she is in all her glory, enclosing the centre of town on 3 sides.

Inner_Distribution_Road.jpg

Beautiful part of town, exactly what you need cutting through an urban area.

Traffic solved.
Except, obviously, at peak hours where it's at a standstill.

Hilarious.
Since you are a regular on this thread, you don't see the pejorative way cyclists are talked about?
On the day a woman was killed by a truck, you have others trying to make jokes about how cyclists are perceived with stupid 20-year-old memes.

It ain't cyclists killing people on our roads, its cars and drivers. The onus and change must be on them to get their act together or get off the road.
I am sure you see plenty of bad driving when you are driving about the place in your new black tesla S. You wont say nothing about it though.
Mate, you gotta stop with the creepy doxing shit - it's weird and creepy. (For those unaware, Jank is so rattled by me posting facts he took the time to do creepy online searches for personal info about me from other sites, and now posts this regularly here). What a fucking creep! If I was female I'd probably be going to the Gardai re the stalkery weirdo but I know he's just a creepy weirdo.

And weirdo, believe me I'm the first to complain about shitty driving - I've even reported it to the Gardai a couple of times. Now hop back up on your little push bike with stabilizers, and off home to mammy with you!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

10th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

The Days Of Trees (16)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼