• Iran

• UK

• US

• Syria

• Nort Korea

• Egypt

• Serbia

Results are only viewable after voting.
Interesting, I thought the western Catholic Church influenced stretched across the Adriatic to include Croatia
Didn’t know they were under direct rule of the Ottomans.

Fascinating history nonetheless
It did, it was under Roman Catholic influence since very early stages. Ottomans were able to briefly push to tiny parts of the territory but were never able to stay.

You can see here in 19th century. The northern part of Serbia that wasn't part of Ottoman empire in 19th century was inhabited by Croatians and Hungarians (and there is still a lot of Croatians and Hungarians there today).

1713877769069.png

It did, it was under Roman Catholic influence since very early stages. Ottomans were able to briefly push to tiny parts of the territory but were never able to stay.

You can see here in 19th century. The northern part of Serbia that wasn't part of Ottoman empire in 19th century was inhabited by Croatians and Hungarians (and there is still a lot of Croatians and Hungarians there today).

View attachment 31987
I see, and if I’m not mistaken, isn’t northern Serbia the area of Vojvodina, which have a separatist movement too?

I see, and if I’m not mistaken, isn’t northern Serbia the area of Vojvodina, which have a separatist movement too?
That's correct. Every now and then they want to separate from Serbia because they have completely different mindset/culture to the south. Similar what happened with Kosovo, absolutely nothing in common with Serbia, that's why they separated. Montenegro is as well more of a Southern Croatian mindset, and nothing in common with Serbia, that's why they separated from them too.

That's correct. Every now and then they want to separate from Serbia because they have completely different mindset/culture to the south. Similar what happened with Kosovo, absolutely nothing in common with Serbia, that's why they separated. Montenegro is as well more of a Southern Croatian mindset, and nothing in common with Serbia, that's why they separated from them too.
Exactly, they separated around 2006
I remember we played them around the early 2000s in the old landsdowne road
Ireland vs Serbia and Montenegro

So many different cultures, races and religions there
Unstable region, I don’t think it will ever be at full peace

Exactly, they separated around 2006
I remember we played them around the early 2000s in the old landsdowne road
Ireland vs Serbia and Montenegro

So many different cultures, races and religions there
Unstable region, I don’t think it will ever be at full peace
It's at peace at the moment, I don't think there will be any big outbreak there with American base being in Kosovo, Croatia and Montenegro being part of NATO. Bosnia and Herzegovina needs to be sorted in some way, it's very messy there, if they joined EU, that would settle things. And maybe Kosovo incorporated to Albania, or being fully recognized as a sovereign country. That would sort most of the issues, Greece and Macedonia kind of sorted their dispute recently, but that is because Macedonia wants to join EU so they had to change the name.

It's at peace at the moment, I don't think there will be any big outbreak there with American base being in Kosovo, Croatia and Montenegro being part of NATO. Bosnia and Herzegovina needs to be sorted in some way, it's very messy there, if they joined EU, that would settle things. And maybe Kosovo incorporated to Albania, or being fully recognized as a sovereign country. That would sort most of the issues, Greece and Macedonia kind of sorted their dispute recently, but that is because Macedonia wants to join EU so they had to change the name.
Here’s hoping too, I think Kosovo may possibly be absorbed to Albania
America and EU and big players there, especially back to the Dayton accord in 1995 and the kosovar war in the late 90s

Serbs would not agree to becoming part of a Greater Albanian state, why is the PROC okay with a Greater Albania but not a Greater Serbia? The PM of Kosovo is in trouble with EU & US for replacing the Dinar with the € in the Serbian regions and the Serbs are also boycotting the mayor elections. This all goes back to my initial point of ignoring Belgrade it would be like running Northern Ireland without the input of the Irish Republic.

Serbs would not agree to becoming part of a Greater Albanian state, why is the PROC okay with a Greater Albania but not a Greater Serbia? The PM of Kosovo is in trouble with EU & US for replacing the Dinar with the € in the Serbian regions and the Serbs are also boycotting the mayor elections. This all goes back to my initial point of ignoring Belgrade it would be like running Northern Ireland without the input of the Irish Republic.

It comes down to what majority of people want. I was there just after the war. You should've seen the gratitude of Kosovo people to NATO and KFOR forces down there. Absolute kings we were. Belgrade can just stir the pot down there, but bottom line is they don't have any say in it. Again, culturally, Kosovo has nothing to do with Serbia, small portion of the country is actually inhabited by Serbs, but they are making hell of a lot of noise. Like if you went to Kosovo, all you would hear is Albanian and English language, older people can speak Serbian, but don't want. Younger people would probably beat/stab you on the spot if they hear you speaking Serbian, they love Croats though as they were one of the first to recognize them as a sovereign country. Trouble here is when someone from Kosovo hear Croatians, they are not sure if they are Croatians or Serbs, I've seen people being pulled aside and had to show their ID/passports to prove where they come from, not a pleasant encounter to have 🤣

EU wanted Croatia in the union but a choice between Albania & Serbia they will side with Serbia. Serbia is historically and culturally European country yes that means Christian and fought against the Ottomans for their independence and much of the cold war Yugoslavia which was Serbian majority run was a liberal minded Communist state. The EU is not going to turn away from Belgrade and as I said it hosts a huge opposition Russian movement. EU will try to keep Serbia on board.

EU wanted Croatia in the union but a choice between Albania & Serbia they will side with Serbia. Serbia is historically and culturally European country yes that means Christian and fought against the Ottomans for their independence and much of the cold war Yugoslavia which was Serbian majority run was a liberal minded Communist state. The EU is not going to turn away from Belgrade and as I said it hosts a huge opposition Russian movement. EU will try to keep Serbia on board.
This is 100% correct, but to achieve that, Serbia will have to let Kosovo issue to go away. With Serbia joining EU, that will remove Vojvodina issue completely. It's in everyone's best interest to have entire Balkans in the EU, but they have to make steps to ensure they are aligned with EU law and values.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

13th Jul 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

The Big Swinin' Mikeys

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼