Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I think that is a sensible post.
I posted on here a couple of days ago that I could accept defeat easier if I could see a plan to build a team from scratch based on the younger players. I don't really see a clear plan for this.
There are exceptions but generally it takes a number of years to establish a settled team. The average age of the starting Clare team last Sunday was 28.2 with seven players aged thirty this year or older.

Cork was a full two years younger on average with only two aged over thirty and if you removed Harnedy and Horgan and replaced them with two 23 year olds the average age drops to 23.

We need to see a team being developed and I agree with you we need to see the team being coached on defending as a unit which does not seem to be happening just now.

I think offensively Cork are a threat to every team.
I get what you are saying, I think PR is finding it difficult to get balance right with youth and experience. I doubt he wants to do what Chubby did with the footballers and have a cull.

Nope , it's a hurling opinion based on evidence.
I was very impressed with Ryan's decision to pick lads like the Roches as underage manager.
I believed that the penny was dropping. When he backed him last year I thought, here we go, a cork manager who is picking a team with varied parts.
Then I went to see the munster league game with Lehane playing and thought this fella has lost his nerve.

Cork supporters and pundits only value lads like timmy mccarthy pa cronin and bill Cooper after they are gone.

Roche and O Connell should be in the Cork team in my view, I am glad they are not.
If you want to see why watch the clare players chase Joyce and Barrett leading to the missed goal compared to the Cork players chasing Ryan before o donnells goal.
Those kind of lads set a tone that others then tend to follow.

The post was never meant for hysterical spanners like yourself waving your little corky flag 😜
I totally agree tan, we have a snobbery when it comes to our hurling, we love the stylish fast player who does something spectacular 2 or 3 times a game, we have zero gra for the guys that burst a gut and play with the physicality and aggression that is, and always was needed, at the very top of hurling

But we are Cork, we don’t do hard work, physicality or aggression well

That is where I am very dissapointed with Pat Ryan, I truly believed he would instil that in our lads

You think my teenage nieces and nephews read the proc?

Look, clearly this was just an attempt at a dig by you. As pointless as all the other ones. I have no interest in dragging this shit into the sports forum too, so forget it.

Oh so you admit you did smoke dope back in the day. Phew, Earl thought it was something someone told me in a pub.

As for it being an attempted dig, it actually wasn't. I think most people have a "cool" aunt/uncle who lets teenagers do what their parents mightn't.

Oh so you admit you did smoke dope back in the day. Phew, Earl thought it was something someone told me in a pub.

As for it being an attempted dig, it actually wasn't. I think most people have a "cool" aunt/uncle who lets teenagers do what their parents mightn't.
Soundy I’m going to stop you there now. You can call posters here all sorts of names but cool doesn’t describe anyone here.

I totally agree tan, we have a snobbery when it comes to our hurling, we love the stylish fast player who does something spectacular 2 or 3 times a game, we have zero gra for the guys that burst a gut and play with the physicality and aggression that is, and always was needed, at the very top of hurling

But we are Cork, we don’t do hard work, physicality or aggression well

That is where I am very dissapointed with Pat Ryan, I truly believed he would instil that in our lads

Is that the "royal we" or do you imagine you are speaking for Cork fans in general?

They all need to have a great work ethic. That's been the case since time immemorial. Work without Skill or Skill without Work just won't cut it at the top level. You need the guys who excel at the hard work to make space and time for the guys who's forte is skill but by God you need both, in my opinion anyway

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Funny Fridays Special

City Limits, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼