Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Soundy I’m going to stop you there now. You can call posters here all sorts of names but cool doesn’t describe anyone here.
3WB6.gif

That's a bit of a stretch though you could make a case for it.

After all ye were 7 up but we completely took over and the sending off free was the equaliser.

Kingston hit a point but other than that the Cork subs struggled and Coleman, Meade and cahalane arguably were involved in big incidents that served Cork poorly.

Coleman started the row after Reidys shit housing with the sideline, meade got burned for Fitzgeralds goal and Cahalane gave away a poor free under a puck out and missed a half chance for a goal.

On clares side leen dominated o flynn and shahagher got a perfectly good goal that I can't understand being disallowed
Clare won on the day and deservedly so, I've no issue in saying that.

However anyone who was at that game could not claim there was a huge gulf in physicality between the teams when it was 15 on 15, that's the point I was trying to make to the other clown that was going on about Cork being 'nice hurlers' etc

However anyone who was at that game could not claim there was a huge gulf in physicality between the teams when it was 15 on 15, that's the point I was trying to make to the other clown that was going on about Cork being 'nice hurlers' etc
But but but Clare are the bestest and we all need to listen to the gospel according to TAN.

I think when our subs came on, the gap in physicality/ball winning between the teams increased significantly.

There are exceptions but generally it takes a number of years to establish a settled team. The average age of the starting Clare team last Sunday was 28.2 with seven players aged thirty this year or older.

Cork was a full two years younger on average with only two aged over thirty and if you removed Harnedy and Horgan and replaced them with two 23 year olds the average age drops to 23.
23/24 is generally about the average age that new teams make the breakthrough alright

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Cillian Moore

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼