2024 Junior A Football Championship

Iniscarra result lately in the Muskerry league don't suggest there anywhere near winning a mid cork or county. Aghinagh motoring well would fancy them to win Muskerry even though will become a minefield in Championship when Ballincollig and Eire Ogs minors come into play.

Iniscarra result lately in the Muskerry league don't suggest there anywhere near winning a mid cork or county. Aghinagh motoring well would fancy them to win Muskerry even though will become a minefield in Championship when Ballincollig and Eire Ogs minors come into play.
Not sure when Ballincollig last fielded a minor at senior level. They’ve had them available to play junior for years and have either chosen not to do it or else they weren’t that good

I agree Uisce. It’s rare enough over the years a minor starts on a good adult 1st team. I don’t understand the view that 2nd teams are going to be flooded all of a sudden with talented minors when that’s where they usually played, unless the 1st team was weak anyway. Very few minors played Senior for sure. It’s the exception rather than the rule. A county minor might slip on in one of the corners down the grades. I’ve no recollection of minors excelling in the championship at any level even down at Junior 1.

Anyone with early predictions for divisional winners?
surprised to be reading about Charleville. Would have thought they’d have been prominent in North Cork once again.

Mayfield seemingly going well. A lot of talk about many teams in Carbery. Tough to call.

Castlemagner will have a cake walk in Duhallow, don’t know will they be too pleased with their outside manager doing articles in the Echo though 🤣

For the first time in years I'm ruling Charleville out of the running in Avondhu football. From speaking to people involved with the club they really fancy themselves as dark horses in PSHC, Bulfin is giving no time for football. They played one league game and I may be wrong in this but they didn't have 15 players for the start of the game. Now they could go on to have a poor showing in the hurling and switch it on in the football in an instance but I'd be very surprised if they won it this year.
Killavullen are the team to beat this year. I think my own club have a better chance in winning football than the hurling but the hurling will be priority again but I do give us a chance at this grade.
Correct , lost to Ballyclough first league game and had the full 15, and also lost to the Gaels this weekend

I think I read Paddy Kelly was in charge of Ballincollig juniors this year. You would think for a senior club with such a big playing population that moving the 2nd team up the grades would be a big target. Obviously Douglas another

Muskerry will be tough to win. A lot of teams will feel they have a chance which wasn’t the case the last few years with the big juggernauts like Canovee and Kilmurry. Even though Aghinagh and Inniscarra would be fancied some one like Grenagh or Donoughmore wouldn’t be afraid of having a cut off them as opposed to maybe having to face Canovee. The second teams Ballincollig and Eire Og could be dangerous too.

Barryroe got back to winning ways at the weekend so the crisis there that some posters mentioned must be over haha. Kilmeen as another poster mentioned and St Colums could still be dark horses there.

I think there won’t be much between whoever comes out of Muskerry, and Carbery this year as opposed to last year.

Muskerry will be tough to win. A lot of teams will feel they have a chance which wasn’t the case the last few years with the big juggernauts like Canovee and Kilmurry. Even though Aghinagh and Inniscarra would be fancied some one like Grenagh or Donoughmore wouldn’t be afraid of having a cut off them as opposed to maybe having to face Canovee. The second teams Ballincollig and Eire Og could be dangerous too.

Barryroe got back to winning ways at the weekend so the crisis there that some posters mentioned must be over haha. Kilmeen as another poster mentioned and St Colums could still be dark horses there.

I think there won’t be much between whoever comes out of Muskerry, and Carbery this year as opposed to last year.
Bang on

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼