Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Don't think so, it's horses for courses in a round robin. Have no doubt it has been explained to him, besides its a 20/25 man game now, some times the best team finishes. Also we need to stop this craic about Coleman starting in any other position bar the back line, it's not going to happen under Pat Ryan.
I hear you about having a strong finishing team and that’s where I am trying to convince myself PR has gone with CL.. however I don’t really see the same argument for the defence

I hear you about having a strong finishing team and that’s where I am trying to convince myself PR has gone with CL.. however I don’t really see the same argument for the defence
Coleman was always going to start once fit in the backline against Waterford, some one was going to lose out. I wouldn't read that much into it. Isn't it great that for a change we have capable options in the backline now.
I would have started ROF before Barrett or ST and Brian Hayes before Lehane, but I look forward to them coming in off the bench, again it's just different options

No Jack Fagan starting and no Paddy Leavey. I find that very surprising and expect one if not both of them to start come throw in.

Although I had heard a rumour last week that Fagan had a very slight niggle but nothing major.
Just while I've the Waterford team on my mind I have to acknowledge as a hurling fan that its great to see a player the calibre of Tadhg De Burca come back from his 3rd serious injury in 4 years to play Munster championship.

Some mental resilience in fairness. A tough tough man I'd say.

Lehane to shoot the lights out and leave us all eating humble pie lol

Seriously though, I have the same fears as everyone else here after the last two years.

If I may clutch at straws for a second, is it possible that mgmt are planning to rotate the team to keep things fresh each round? I even heard Ryan saying that they mismanaged the one week turnaround vs Tipp last year

A few things stand out about the selection and the response here to it…

1- This non-sense that Mark Coleman isn’t a half back is out of control. The guy was played out of position at 6. The amnesia here about how good he was at 7 in the not too distant past is mind boggling. He will be great again at 7.

2- I’m not a fan of Lehane starting. Not really a fan of him being relied upon at all. Way too inconsistent. I think the lumping of him in with Horgan and Harnedy which happens a lot here is entirely unfair to Horgan and Harnedy. They were very strong last year and while I can see arguments for others playing ahead of them individually they do not rise to the level of the arguments against Lehane.

3- Roche hard done by considering his success last year. This team could really use him on form at midfield.

4- If they can sort out midfield, remain healthy and get Dalton and O’Flynn fully back and on form this team can win an All Ireland.

Lehane to shoot the lights out and leave us all eating humble pie lol

Seriously though, I have the same fears as everyone else here after the last two years.

If I may clutch at straws for a second, is it possible that mgmt are planning to rotate the team to keep things fresh each round? I even heard Ryan saying that they mismanaged the one week turnaround vs Tipp last year
I believe there is something to the idea of using their depth much more this year.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Hollyz
Crane Lane Theatre, Phoenix St.

5th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼