Cork Minor Hurling 2024

I think Sars, and maybe others,were in City in previous years but not this year. Still from I'm hearing City were good yesterday and have some fine players

I think Sars, and maybe others,were in City in previous years but not this year. Still from I'm hearing City were good yesterday and have some fine players
Sars were originally East for this age group but were brought into the City at U15 to bolster it up as outside of Douglas the other clubs in the city are weak at this age.
Don't know why but they reverted back to East again for the Celtic Challenge.

I saw Peter Barrett playing a good few times at U-15 level in 2022 and again last year at U-16 and minor and have been impressed with his elusiveness, fast hands and finishing. I believe he is starting material but the management insist on selecting big guys on the wings and the edge of the square who don't seem to have the same hurling qualities in the attack and mid-field sectors at least. It's interesting that the full-forward played wing-back at club level last year. I also find it interesting that with the managements emphasis on size and bulk it is the smaller more elusive players who are shining most particularly in attack. I would like to see Barrett start especially with a forward such as Eoghan O'Shea on the bench to come on who wasn't introduced last night.
Yes, our full forward played wing back in 2022 when only 15 years of age, playing up two years. He has been centre forward or full forward with his club mainly since he was small. He shot the lights with his club last year, spearheading them to win a county title. Only scored 3-5 in the county final.

I'd worry about our midfield pairing tbh and the slow delivery of ball into our forward line is not seeing us at our best. We have the ammunition to do wreck in the forwards if our forwards could play as a unit.

Our faith is in our own hands, there's a munster final spot there for us. But we need to improve from the Limerick game again.

#CorcaighAbú

This is the kind of Limerick player who'll be turned into an all star in 5 years time.
not any more.
Limericks development system is too focussed on small numbers
Big focus on getting patterns and systems into a small group of players which is highly effective at younger ages and its starting to cost them at minor and 20 with a narrower selection available as lads fall away

Any views on The ref from tonights Clare Limerick minor match
Scanlan I think.

He rewarded lads all night for running into opponents but didnt like big hits at all to stop runners. Himself and Dowlings style made a nonsense of the game

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Terry Alderton and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Pretty Limited

Fred Zeppelins, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼