Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Ok, I'll try rephrase. Please try and answer this time.

When the Clare player made contact with Buckley, what do you believe Buckley should have done? Read that slowly, quickly, or at intermediate speed. But please try to answer.

And I'm not asking the question just so as I can say you're wrong. I'm sure somebody as clever as you could never be wrong. I'm genuinely interested in an honest answer.
Buckley hit Keane, he didn't make contact with Buckley. This clearly is a waste of time as you can't even admit the truth. The video is clear though, Buckley hit him and there is no headbutt.

Regardless of the hair splitting over the stupidity of a linesman out of his depth.
The thing that is getting lads knickers in a knot is Buckley being criticised for diving, hence all the shite about keane jumping around like a drunk in a mosh pit and Clare players diving. Doesn't change the facts. He went down , he wasn't knocked down.

So maybe he could have tried doing what keane did when Buckley hit him and stand up. You seem to be saying that the correct sequence of events here should have been wild yahooing from Keane, Buckley hits him, Keane crumples like a man hit by a truck, red card for Buckley, clare go 12 to 5 up from the free cork down to 14.
Is that your advice?
Ok, I'll try rephrase. Please try and answer this time.

When the Clare player made contact with Buckley, what do you believe Buckley should have done? Read that slowly, quickly, or at intermediate speed. But please try to answer.

And I'm not asking the question just so as I can say you're wrong. I'm sure somebody as clever as you could never be wrong. I'm genuinely interested in an honest answer.

Buckley hit Keane, he didn't make contact with Buckley. This clearly is a waste of time as you can't even admit the truth. The video is clear though, Buckley hit him and there is no headbutt.
For the sake of argument lets assume that's correct.

Now please, answer the question at the fifth time of asking. What should a player do IF he gets a slap?

Regardless of the hair splitting over the stupidity of a linesman out of his depth.
The thing that is getting lads knickers in a knot is Buckley being criticised for diving, hence all the shite about keane jumping around like a drunk in a mosh pit and Clare players diving. Doesn't change the facts. He went down , he wasn't knocked down.

So maybe he could have tried doing what keane did when Buckley hit him and stand up. You seem to be saying that the correct sequence of events here should have been wild yahooing from Keane, Buckley hits him, Keane crumples like a man hit by a truck, red card for Buckley, clare go 12 to 5 up from the free cork down to 14.
Is that your advice?
I think so yeah. If you go back to my original post, that's pretty much what I said before leads got sidetracked thinking I was making out that Buckley didn't dive.

But yeah. When the punishment for striking an opponent is so severe, and you can't really take a backward step, maybe the only plausible option is take a dive. Keane should have taken that dive. He didn't. He was outfoxed.

I guess what I'm saying is, that you let your opponent rough you up without reacting, you take a swing at him, or you take a dive. As understandably ugly as some people find that last option, it might be what most of us would advise.

Looking at the TG4 footage it looked like there was. Not much of a headbutt, but it happened nonetheless. Is there some other footage?
You're right Dick, why would a player approach another player and eye ball him and push his head back using his own head? Yes not technically a head butt but why would a player do it unless he's instigating trouble.

TAN

If Terence Fahy held on to the sliotar to kill Cork's momentum because Cork were in front it could be regarded as cute but it would still be wrong and cynical. Fahy did this when Clare were in the ascendancy throughout, he fucked up as it worked against his own players and you for one are bitter in accepting same. In your report and initial assessment of the game you didn't even mention Fahy who was a disgrace. I forgive both Keane and Buckley but not Fahy.

You state Cork were in a hole, there is seldom a game won in the 1st half and this was a typical example, didn't Clare lead by 5 after being ahead by 7 earlier, such a lead is often overturned in hurling even in 60 minute games. Last year Cork had Ben O'Connor sent off v Limerick, they re-grouped and went on to win in a game they didn't have to win as they'd already qualified. For Clare to lose by 6 after leading by 7 to a team who didn't play anything near it's capability tells it's own story especially when you consider Cork's poor free scoring count early on, their wides tally and the 6 shots to the keeper from out-field. Clare's huff and puff lasted for 20 odd minutes but they blew nothing down and then their ill discipline took over both on and off the field. Hard to take for Clare fans with the potential this team holds but it's the fact of the matter. This Clare team reminded me of their seniors before Brian Lohan took over but they should learn, they can start by their manager copping on!

You're right Dick, why would a player approach another player and eye ball him and push his head back using his own head? Yes not technically a head butt but why would a player do it unless he's instigating trouble.

TAN

If Terence Fahy held on to the sliotar to kill Cork's momentum because Cork were in front it could be regarded as cute but it would still be wrong and cynical. Fahy did this when Clare were in the ascendancy throughout, he fucked up as it worked against his own players and you for one are bitter in accepting same. In your report and initial assessment of the game you didn't even mention Fahy who was a disgrace. I forgive both Keane and Buckley but not Fahy.

You state Cork were in a hole, there is seldom a game won in the 1st half and this was a typical example, didn't Clare lead by 5 after being ahead by 7 earlier, such a lead is often overturned in hurling even in 60 minute games. Last year Cork had Ben O'Connor sent off v Limerick, they re-grouped and went on to win in a game they didn't have to win as they'd already qualified. For Clare to lose by 6 after leading by 7 to a team who didn't play anything near it's capability tells it's own story especially when you consider Cork's poor free scoring count early on, their wides tally and the 6 shots to the keeper from out-field. Clare's huff and puff lasted for 20 odd minutes but they blew nothing down and then their ill discipline took over both on and off the field. Hard to take for Clare fans with the potential this team holds but it's the fact of the matter. This Clare team reminded me of their seniors before Brian Lohan took over but they should learn, they can start by their manager copping on!

The truth of the fahy incident though is that The cork number 7 should have been sent off in that incident. The rule is absolutely clear. If a player pushes a member of the opposition management on or off the field its a red card so in fact Fahys action should have led to Cork being down a player and as we know from Dick Holder above his view there would be that Fahy did the right thing and The officials failed to reward his bit of shit housing because this is the way the game should be goijg with players diving and feigning injury.

Fuck that is my view

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Murphy & Declan Sinnott
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

23rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

THE TAN JACKETS

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:50pm

More events ▼