Cyclists

You need the Gardai out there to stop these stupid dick manoeuvres.
I see it myself every morning.

The M50 reduces the speed limit when it gets busy to stop accidents like these.

This is backed by studies and data. But since you are an ill informed ignorant baboon this are lost on you.
Did you tell the Gardai investigating that accident this morning on the N40, what caused it yet ?

The plan for the N40 was to give it Motorway status and change it to M40.
But BusConnects has now messed all that up because those implementing it are advising those that travel by vehicle to use the N40, so that means that the L Brigade have to be catered for.

I am sure with the Electronic Gantry signs on the N40 that those types of speed limits can be implemented.

So yes I am an ill-informed ignorant baboon, ( see what I did there ? ), so tell me, do you drive a car ?

The plan for the N40 was to give it Motorway status and change it to M40.
Id like to see a link to this "plan".
There is or was never a serious talk about turning the N40 to a motorway.
But BusConnects has now messed all that up because those implementing it are advising those that travel by vehicle to use the N40, so that means that the L Brigade have to be catered for.
BusConnects has no impact on road development plans for the N40, M28 upgrade or whatever new road corridors will or could be developed in the future. In essence, you are talking out of your hole with made up shite talk.

I am sure with the Electronic Gantry signs on the N40 that those types of speed limits can be implemented.
A tad more complicated than that, but you are on the right track.
So yes I am an ill-informed ignorant baboon
Yes, yes you are.

Id like to see a link to this "plan".
There is or was never a serious talk about turning the N40 to a motorway.

BusConnects has no impact on road development plans for the N40, M28 upgrade or whatever new road corridors will or could be developed in the future. In essence, you are talking out of your hole with made up shite talk.

A tad more complicated than that, but you are on the right track.

Yes, yes you are.
Right you arrogant, ignorant know it all :

1. So Cork County Council at the time had no idea what they were on about, No ?

However, Mr Stritch replied: “Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) have asked us to get a motorway reclassification study done in relation to the N40 South Ring Road and what things would need to be done there if it was reclassified. The possibility of tolling hasn’t arisen in anything I have heard in relation to that.

" There is or was never a serious talk about turning the N40 to a motorway."

Money talks as they say :

http://www.tii.ie/tii-library/reports-accounts/tii-allocations-2018/2018NAT_CorkCoCo.pdf

€ 75,000.00 is loud.

So now you prick, that is your first shit comment addressed.

2. Busconnects cannot at all impact on the M28 as that is an EU Ten T road project, I have no idea why you bought the M28 into this, but knock yourself out you asshole :

From the body known as Busconnects, they have indicated on a drawing that the N40 can be used as an alternative route between Douglas and the City Centre.
The file is too large to post so go and look for it yourself, there is even maps on it.

Now Wank, there is a PDF file to feast your eyes on if you copy and paste the following into your search box;

busconnects, maryborough, city, draft, appendix, b, alternative

Last edited:
Two sensible policies that would be of benefit to all road users, including cyclists, but which the government won't touch:

1) ban the Chelsea Tractor: limited visibility, excessive weight and width and consequently more deadly in a collision;
2) a 6 month driving ban for using a mobile phone while driving; it might even let drivers use their indicators when turning, something many Cork drivers seem unable to use.

But it's much easier to have drivers doing 80km on national roads and 30 km on the Western Road and surveying them travelling on relatively safe roads.

Two sensible policies that would be of benefit to all road users, including cyclists, but which the government won't touch:

1) ban the Chelsea Tractor: limited visibility, excessive weight and width and consequently more deadly in a collision;
2) a 6 month driving ban for using a mobile phone while driving; it might even let drivers use their indicators when turning, something many Cork drivers seem unable to use.

But it's much easier to have drivers doing 80km on national roads and 30 km on the Western Road and surveying them travelling on relatively safe roads.
The Gardaí need more resources. There was less Gardaí in the state at the end of 2021 than at the end of 2010. We’ve over half a million more people in the country now.

PJ Coogan was today on questioning Minister for Justice.
He highlighted how the Cork City Roads Policing Unit currently has 22 members with one due to retire the end of this year.
That's half of what it originally was (44) pre 2019.

Interesting article here, only an extra 4 RPU in 7 Years.

A lot of these issues are simply solved by resourcing. All well and good to lower speed limits but it won't make a difference if not policed as people will still do 100kmh on roads that were originally 100kmh over 80kmh.

While he highlighted this issue of lack of numbers he also stated the new 30 min rule for all Gardai to complete Road Policing that the consequence is now resources are depleted to deal with crimes such as car robberies, burglaries, assaults/fights and so on.
The uptake in checkpoints/speedchecks on Commons Road alone is like clockwork, one at lunch time and one about 6 in the evening, every day for the past week.
This will hamper response times and without me saying it, anyone with a brain knows 2 + 2 = 4

PJ Coogan was today on questioning Minister for Justice.
He highlighted how the Cork City Roads Policing Unit currently has 22 members with one due to retire the end of this year.
That's half of what it originally was (44) pre 2019.

Interesting article here, only an extra 4 RPU in 7 Years.

A lot of these issues are simply solved by resourcing. All well and good to lower speed limits but it won't make a difference if not policed as people will still do 100kmh on roads that were originally 100kmh over 80kmh.

While he highlighted this issue of lack of numbers he also stated the new 30 min rule for all Gardai to complete Road Policing that the consequence is now resources are depleted to deal with crimes such as car robberies, burglaries, assaults/fights and so on.
The uptake in checkpoints/speedchecks on Commons Road alone is like clockwork, one at lunch time and one about 6 in the evening, every day for the past week.
This will hamper response times and without me saying it, anyone with a brain knows 2 + 2 = 4
Just put a fucking static speed camera there and get the Gardai to deal with some proper crimes.
Waste of Garda resources to have a Garda (or probably 2) sat there all day doing a job that has been easily automated in the rest of Europe.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

The Insiders!

Cantys, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼