Official Boxing Thread

It was a tough test for Frampton (who had only 15 fights as a pro) going in with a known banger. He was a bit careless at times especially early on dropping his guard but he proved he can go toe to toe with a big puncher. Great result for him but it's now a huge step up. Some big names in this division namely Donaire and Big Bangs conqueror Rigondeaux.

Frampton is the real deal alright. Not 100% but I think he's the first man to stop Kiko. To win a European title in 16 fights is incredilble not too many guys can boast that record. Did Naz do it in 12?

Finally it looks like Lee V Macklin will happen in May.

It is a hard one to call, alot of people will go with Macklin given his good account against Sergio Martinez but he still lost by TKO and his previous fight was a split decision loss to Felix Sturm.

Lee lost to Chavez Jr last year and made hard work Anthony Fitzgerald the other night.

I would go for a Macklin win by KO but if it goes the distance Lee will win on points. A bit of a contradictory statement but it will be a hard one to call.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/boxing/2013/0211/367200-macklin-calls-lee-to-fight-him-on-11-may/

It was a tough test for Frampton (who had only 15 fights as a pro) going in with a known banger. He was a bit careless at times especially early on dropping his guard but he proved he can go toe to toe with a big puncher. Great result for him but it's now a huge step up. Some big names in this division namely Donaire and Big Bangs conqueror Rigondeaux.

Nail on head wat_boy. It was his toughest test to date and it wasn't as easy as he made out after the fight either. Martinez just ran straight into a right hand at the wrong time. At this moment in time I don’t think he would win against either fighter you mention above. He must have 1 or 2 more fights and they must be a bit more convincing. That’s just my view.

I'm a fan of Lee but he's too nice for the pro game. Way too nice but he has lovely skills. He should have stayed amateur and would have medaled at some Olympic Games. But against Macklin I go for Lee every time. He'll take him within 3. Macklin is made for Lee. I'll admit it's almost a gut thing after this weekend but I'll stick my chin out...Lee takes Macklin in the third!

I'm a fan of Lee but he's too nice for the pro game. Way too nice but he has lovely skills. He should have stayed amateur and would have medaled at some Olympic Games. But against Macklin I go for Lee every time. He'll take him within 3. Macklin is made for Lee. I'll admit it's almost a gut thing after this weekend but I'll stick my chin out...Lee takes Macklin in the third!

You couldn't be more wrong. How is Mack Made for Lee? Are you saying Lee excels against a a guy who can use both hands well, is heavy handed and can box a bit as well as fight? Lets not forget Mack should have won a world title but for that robbery in Germany. Lee is a one trick pony and as much as I like Andy he's gonna get his hole handed to him

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Kerbdog - 30th Anniversary Show
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

21st Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Cork Roots Festival: The Kates

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼