President Trump 2016-2024 - Official Discussion Thread

Clinton vs Trump for 2016 POTUS

• Clinton

Votes: 108 46.6%
  • Trump

Votes: 124 53.4%

• Total voters
I assume she was waiting to see if the SC would uphold his disqualification, because then she would be the de facto candidate?
I thought that was a forgone conclusion that they weren't going to uphold it. 9-0 was fairly comprehensive in his favour and surely was well signalled before hand.
As for being de facto candidate, no sure how it works tbh. I remember reading something about what happens if Trump pulls out (or jailed) on certain dates. After March 12 all the delegates have been given out and pending on each state rules, they don't necessary transfer. I think it just becomes a free for all at convention to all the delegate votes again. So other candidates might fancy a run at Haley that might not have had at Trump.

Ps, saw this elsewhere

"It appears based on my reading of the Colorado Special Election statute that no Special Election may be held within 90 days of the general election in November, or within 60 days of a primary which is June 25. Therefore, it seems possible that a Special Election could be held next month to fill this seat.

It also appears, since Lauren Boebert is switching districts, that she would have to resign her current House seat in order to be eligible for the Special election. It is also too late to qualify for the ballot in her current district. So, Boebert appears to be in a bit of a bind where she likely will have to resign her current seat in CO-3 to run in the Special Election unless she wants to run against the winner of the Special Election in November, which is not ideal."

Tbh, disgraced former president, rapist, and con artist Orangie McShitbird has until tomorrow to come up with about $500 million in bond to cover his NY fraud conviction while he appeals. So far no one, including his Russian friends, have offered to cover the bond (the Russians having cash problems of their own). Trump’s lawyers have asked for a reduction or postponement of the payment claiming that he doesn’t have the cash. But McShitbird, being Trump, has said in the last few days that he does in fact have it. The thing is, if he misses tomorrow’s deadline, the state of New York can start confiscating his personal property all the way down to his Golden Toilet. Precious. I’m waiting for Choon to tell us how this is a defeat for the Democrats.

I don’t know how it happened
I thought he had to post the bond to appeal the case
I didn’t know you could appeal the verdict and fine separately

After he spent the morning calling the judge corrupt.

And he probably won't pay the reduced amount either. And nothing will happen to him.

Truly a two tier justice system

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼