The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

For all the talk of the much needed midfield rebuild only MacAllister can be judged a success.

Sloboslai has been brutal since the new year. Endo was a stop gap and Gravenberch is not up to it at all and never will be.

Van Dijk is still their most important player and at 32 might take Klopp leaving as his cue to move to the continent.

They rode the emotion of Klopp’s leaving announcement and simply ran out of steam.

Arsenal/City are miles clear squad wise.

Few bleak years in store m8s.

Atalanta were brilliant to watch tbf. They’ve a brilliant way of playing.

Very tame effort after such a good start. In the end a fairly soft penalty was the only goal we scored over two legs which is pitiful enough.

The comeback hinged on that Salah chance first half. A really poor finish. Atalanta’s intense press rushed players into trying to move the ball quickly and with quality but neither happened. Better team over two legs and deserved to go through.

The only positive is the clean sheet. Maybe something to take into the run-in. Maybe.
What clean sheet, ye shit the bed against Atalanta.

The Saudi gang seem to have learned their lesson, in spite of last summers insanity their gates are down 10%, no one bought during the January window.

Ye are stuck with the camel botherer.

As are we with the fat Brazilian 😞

I’d have been ok with Salah leaving earlier last summer if they’d time to sign a replacement.

If the Saudi project is failing they might try to sign the most high profile muslim footballer in the world to give it a shot in the arm.

As a fan the klopp era was brilliantly exciting. Didn’t win enough though and it’s ending in a whimper.

If Klopp had a fault it’s being overly loyal to players past their sell by date.

Edwards back won’t show any such loyalty and they’ll need to nail the next few windows or they’ll be back to absolute mediocrity before they know it

I’d have been ok with Salah leaving earlier last summer if they’d time to sign a replacement.

If the Saudi project is failing they might try to sign the most high profile muslim footballer in the world to give it a shot in the arm.

As a fan the klopp era was brilliantly exciting. Didn’t win enough though and it’s ending in a whimper.

If Klopp had a fault it’s being overly loyal to players past their sell by date.

Edwards back won’t show any such loyalty and they’ll need to nail the next few windows or they’ll be back to absolute mediocrity before they know it
Be careful what you wish for with Salah. We won’t see the likes of him again. Just look at Diaz’s inferior numbers to Mane as an example of how pretty much everyone is a step down from the Mane, Firmino and Salah trio. Salah’s numbers are sensational and we are very unlikely to see a winger produce those numbers again.

He was doing very well until he got injured and has struggled for form since. He’s still the most likely man to score a goal. He still is in great shape, still frightens defenders but has raw moments, as he always has had. The day he leaves is the day we get worse. Could be this summer and of course he’s not getting younger but Salah owes us nothing.

And I’m not sure I’d agree we didn’t win enough under Klopp. We could have won more but should we have won more? Probably not when you consider City were the main competition in the PL. The CL Final in Paris was probably the only trophy we really left behind us properly I would say.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Jezahel- Vampires Can't Weld

The Pavilion, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼