Cyclists

Well then why have a defined speed limit?
Because all court cases are based on evidence, and that evidence gets challenged by the defense. The speed guns/cameras are calibrated and accurate to a high degree, but I doubt anyone wants to get into an argument about whether they were accurate on the day to +-.5kph

Because all court cases are based on evidence, and that evidence gets challenged by the defense. The speed guns/cameras are calibrated and accurate to a high degree, but I doubt anyone wants to get into an argument about whether they were accurate on the day to +-.5kph
Any idea what the threshold is?
100kph zone and you’re ok, according to Earl, at 101, but presumably not at 120 - so where between 101 and 120 does the limit kick in? 105? 110? Is it at the Garda’s discression? 🤷‍♂️

Any idea what the threshold is?
100kph zone and you’re ok, according to Earl, at 101, but presumably not at 120 - so where between 101 and 120 does the limit kick in? 105? 110? Is it at the Garda’s discression? 🤷‍♂️
I’ve always understood it’s the speed limit +2kph. I can confirm you get pinged at +4kph!

And yet when you enter the westbound SLR at Ballincollig and by the greyhound track, the speed limit is posted at 120 kmph.
🫣 Are we going to be pedantic ?

Is your reference to the SLR, the South Link Road ?

Because if it is, then your roads are all mixed up, the South Link Road is the section of the N 27 that runs from The Elysian out to the Kinsale Road Roundabout.

The road you are referring too is the " South Ring Road " Which is mostly the N40, it runs from Dunkettle in the East all the way across the South of the City to the First Exit for Ballincollig where the N40 ends and the road is then the N 22 all the way to Tralee.

As regards speed limits, you are right, coming in from the Ovens side East Bound, the speed limit changes just after the intersection by Dell / EMC, to 120 and it stays at that until you pass the intersection by Marymount in Curraheen where it drops back to 100.

🫣 Are we going to be pedantic ?

Is your reference to the SLR, the South Link Road ?

Because if it is, then your roads are all mixed up, the South Link Road is the section of the N 27 that runs from The Elysian out to the Kinsale Road Roundabout.

The road you are referring too is the " South Ring Road " Which is mostly the N40, it runs from Dunkettle in the East all the way across the South of the City to the First Exit for Ballincollig where the N40 ends and the road is then the N 22 all the way to Tralee.

As regards speed limits, you are right, coming in from the Ovens side East Bound, the speed limit changes just after the intersection by Dell / EMC, to 120 and it stays at that until you pass the intersection by Marymount in Curraheen where it drops back to 100.
The sign at the greyhound track as you enter the dual carriageway indicates 120kmph, inconsistent with your 100kmph.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼